The Columbia County Sheriff’s Office and its team of certified instructors are always proud to serve our community. One way we are reaching out is through our teen drivers. The youth in Columbia County are our future drivers. Any impact that we can make to enhance their driving ability is always rewarding. That is why we are proud to continue our efforts to be involved in the future of our teen drivers through the Teen Driver Challenge. The Teen Driver Challenge is a FREE program through the Florida Sheriff’s Association who oversees the program and its team of instructors throughout the state of Florida. To be eligible for the program a student must meet some specific criteria. The Teen Driver Challenge program is not geared to teach students to drive or operate their vehicle, but is geared toward teaching them some skills in defensive and offensive driving that will prove beneficial to their success as a responsible driver on the road.
- Must be between the ages of 15 -19.
- Must have a valid Learners Permit or Operators License.
- Must NOT be under the influence of medications that affect the ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- It is preferred that each student has been driving for at least 6 months prior to registration.
- Students are encouraged to use the vehicle they most commonly operate with valid insurance and registration. Vehicles should be in good working condition to include but not limited to; (Engine, Brakes, Suspension, Steering and Tires)
See below to obtain additional information on or how to register for your local Teen Driver Challenge;
hosted by the Columbia County Sheriff’s Office
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Florida Sheriff’s Association – Teen Driver Challenge
Contact us at: https://www.flsheriffs.org/law-enforcement-programs/our-programs/teen-driver-challenge
To find out more about registering for upcoming classes please click on the link