Tropical Storm Debby Road Closure Update – Number 1
Lake City – The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is providing an update on state road and bridge closures in Northeast Florida due to Tropical Storm Debby. Please be advised that there is NO truth to rumors that U.S. 90 East is closed near prisons.
Baker and Columbia County
I-10 between US 41 (Exit 301) and US 90 (Exit 324) is closed. Traffic is detoured to US 90 or I-75 to US 90.
- SR 121 at Steel Bridge Road – partial closure
- US 90 from I-10 to Nassau County line – partial closure in three areas.
- SR 247 north of CR 240.
- SR 47 at I-75.
- US 441 at US 41 split in Lake City (in front of Columbia High School). Traffic is detoured to US 41.
- US 441 from I-10 to Georgia line – partial closure in four areas. U.S. 441 is closed entirely from CR 6, north to state line.
- US 41 at I-10
- SR 24 in Cedar Key.
- SR 51 partial closure south of Mayo.
- US 90 in downtown Live Oak and east of Live Oak.
- US 129 in Live Oak.
If the road ahead is flooded, turn around and find an alternate route. Flooded roads may hide the fact that the roadway is washed out underneath and as little as six inches of rushing water can force your car off the road.
For the latest closures and updates, use www.FL511.com or follow the Florida Department of Transportation District Two on Twitter at @MyFDOT_NEFL.