THE COLUMBIA COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE AND OUR PUBLIC SAFETY PARTNERS ARE CONTIUNING TO ASSIST MOTORISTS AND RESIDENTS TRAPPED BY FLOOD WATERS. PLEASE TAKE CAUTION AND AVOID FLOODED AREAS. THE WATERS CAN RISE QUICKLY, WITHOUT WARNING AND HAVE SWIFT CURRENTS.
Lake City – The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is providing an update on road and bridge closures in Northeast Florida due to Tropical Storm Debby.
Baker and Columbia County
- I-10 between I-75 (Exit 296) and US 90 (Exit 324) is closed. Traffic is detoured to US 90 or I-75 to US 90.
- US 90 from I-10 to Nassau County line – partial closure in three areas.
- SR 247 south of CR 242 and north of CR 240 and between US 90 and Bascom Norris Drive.
- SR 47 at I-75.
- US 441 at US 41 split in Lake City (in front of Columbia High School). Traffic is detoured to US 41.
- US 441 at the Deep Creek Bridge is closed.
- US 441 from I-10 to CR 6 – partial closure in four areas including at Corinth Church Road, Drew Grade Road, Spradley Road and the Agricultural Station.
- US 441 from CR 6 to the Georgia line is closed.
- US 41 at I-10 – two way traffic in the northbound lanes – southbound lanes are closed.
- US 441 at Rose Creek south of Lake City – partial closure.
- SR 51 partial closure south of Mayo (1.5 miles north of Cooks Hammock).
- SR 24 in Cedar Key.
- I-10 eastbound east of Madison at mile marker 263 has one lane closed for repairs to a sinkhole along the outside lanes.
- US 90 in downtown Live Oak and east of Live Oak.
- US 129 in Live Oak.
If the road ahead is flooded, turn around and find an alternate route. Flooded roads may hide the fact that the roadway is washed out underneath and as little as six inches of rushing water can force your car off the road.
For the latest closures and updates, use www.FL511.com or follow the Florida Department of Transportation District Two on Twitter at @MyFDOT_NEFL.